Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Richter what??!

Blogging during an actual EARTHQUAKE.

How cool is this. Kind of like dancing without having to stand up.

Mostly just back and forth. Kind of discomforting when you realize you're two floors off the ground.

Well, I guess it stopped now. It was fun while it lasted.

4 Comments:

At 23:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm obviously no earthquake expert. But aren't you supposed to do something when they start? Run out of the building? Stand in a doorway? Something other than sit and blog? Just wondering.

BESS

 
At 22:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was on a bed during my first Filipino one. I thought I was just really dizzy and the fan was blowing hard. A person from Nebraska doesn't usually think "Hey, maybe we are in an earthquake."

 
At 11:53, Blogger Sam G. said...

Very true about it not being in our minds as a possibility. Both I've been through have taken about 5 seconds of rocking around before I realize, ya know, this might be an earthquake. I guess it wouldn't be so hard to realize if a large one (heaven forbid) should hit.

Procedures? They are for the weak and informed. There's probably a best action option somewhere but everyone I've talked to said there isn't much to do while in the barracks except ride it out.

 
At 12:19, Blogger Anne said...

Sam, you need to fix your link to Dad's blog. People might want to go directly to his current posts rather than just his September 2005 posts.

Does this bring your total up to two earthquakes? Or have there been more? Just do me a favor and don't get injured in these natural disasters, okay?

Love from you little sis...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home