Monday, December 26, 2005

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas

Sorry if I step on any toes, but I really dislike the song that forms the title of this here entry. I think it's annoying and shallow and I wish it would go the way of the dodo except much more quickly. To help this along I tried to use this phrase on people when they would wish me "Merry Christmas". I'd fire right back with "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas" and would, in general, get groans in return. Why do this, you ask?

The way I figure it, the only way people will do anything is if they are annoyed. Right now, HAHJC is just sitting around, being played every once in a while, but not enough to truly annoy anyone. I think that if it's brought to the surface more often people will begin to ask themselves, "why on earth did we ever put up with this annoying song?", and then it might just be rejected by a mass of people and decompose into a spray of talentless musical components. At least that's the hope.

It's also the same reason I plan to wear an enormous menorah hat next year for any holiday concert I can. Another thing I really dislike is the wearing of festive hats during Christmas concerts. Santa hats, reindeer antlers, little elf stocking caps, and whatever, they look silly and unprofessional. I don't need a "reminder" to help get me in the Christmas spirit. So anyway, I figure if I wear this enormous menorah hat I might get the "uh, could you please take that off?" and I will (annoyingly) say, "I won't take this off until you make everyone else take theirs off."

See, you frustrate people and they react; maybe even make a change for the positive.

And that, is the true meaning of Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home