Bump of Chicken
I guess that's all of the letters, right? 26 last time I counted.
So anyway, that project finally got finished. I was hoping it would be a way to post more often but it obviously didn't quite work out that way. I hope you enjoyed it anyway. I know it was fun for me. But now the question of what to blog about comes up again.
Rather than a project, I think I'll go back to catch as catch can sort of blogs. You'll probably see some anime and movie reviews, some video game adventures, and a few stories about life in Germany. We'll start with a little bit of J-Rock for no apparent reason. Actually there is a bit of a reason. The past entries were all about the classical music I listen to. That's not all I listen to. Not by a long shot.
Bump of Chicken is a Japanese rock group that a fellow bandsman introduced to me about a year ago and I've enjoyed what I've heard from them so far. The two things that really stick out to me about this group is how melodic all their songs are and how they tell stories. I don't even really know the stories they're telling for sure because I haven't really even looked up translation for most of their songs but here are a couple of examples of songs with definite stories behind them.
This first one is a cute animation that is pretty self-explanatory without any knowledge of Japanese.
This one has a song from one of their albums along with a bunch of pictures that were in the liner notes. They seem to tell a story, but I just don't know what it is. Seems kind of cool though.
The last is a set of 3 (music for first 2 only) that is a very nice stop motion animation based on one of their songs from another CD. The second part is the actual song the piece is based on.

1 Comments:
Really cool. Also, there must be an animation studio, like, on every street corner in Japan. All three of the animations were really nice.
Post a Comment
<< Home