Quick Interlude
While many things have taken my time lately, i.e. Hadano band clinic, Sendai Jazz festival, Correspondence courses, orphanage parties, along with the usual practice and PT regimen (hopefully posts about some of those soon), let us not forget my other time sink.
Yes, I do still play eve online quite a bit. I still find the game compelling, but moreso the deepening backstory and amazing community of players surrounding the game. To get a feel for what I'm talking about, check out this relatively new startup.
http://www.eve-online.tv/
That's right. A semi-professionally, quite well done web-tv show, produced, run, etc. by players. Eve's parent company has nothing to do with this impressive venture. Right now the Eve universe is having its 4th semi-annual alliance competition and eve-tv is doing live coverage ala ESPN complete with commentators inside the booth and analysts on the couch. Even though you'd probably have no idea what they are talking about or how anyone would find this kind of thing interesting, I'd encourage y'all to check out just one video clip to see the time and effort that goes into this little pastime.
Can't direct link it, but if you go to the "PvP tournament" tab and look for the match between Aunni Ti Tsuun Consortium vs. Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate that happened on "Saturday Day 2", you'll see a fun fight. I also point you there because my alliance just got done fighting against the Aunni Ti Tsuun guys in a "real" political type war in the game. Kind of fun to see them off doing something else besides blowing up our ships for a change.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home