O is for Orff
Carl Orff
Just about the closest thing to a 1-hit wonder you'll find in the classical canon. He wrote a few other pieces and is well known for his musical education theories (in musical education circles, that is) but I'd say the majority of the people that know him at all know him only for one work.
Carmina Burana. Need I say more?
Alright, you talked me into it. It has been quoted, rewritten, revoiced, copied, used as a basis for-, and imitated so many times that it's getting a bit ridiculous. Is it a good piece? Absolutely. Is it THAT good? No. And yet, people love it to pieces (I'm people too).
And just because it is way overplayed...Take this good taste:
But to prove that I do indeed love this piece here is what I consider to be one of the most lyric moments in music history. The clip itself is a bit low on gain, so you might need to turn up your speakers or something.
The clip is a bit odd, but that's the best sounding/performed version that I was able to find just now.

1 Comments:
???
Just because you *can* arrange "O Fortuna" to feature the accordion doesn't mean you *should*. I mean, why?
Bess
Post a Comment
<< Home